Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some words by a writer
jms Offline

Some words by a writer
Dr. Punathil Kunhabdulla - A famous writer in Malayalam and Kendra Sahithya Academy award winner (1980) in his article 'Marunnum manthravuvm (Medicine and manthra)' in a leading health magazine -Mathrubhumi Arogya masika-wrote few words on Railway employees. I am attaching a scanned copy of it for those who can read Malayalam. For others, I am writing the translation to my best:

"Every body is aware that, in the great country of India, hundreds of trains are running the length and breadth with out a difference of day and night. What will be the paper news and uproar, if any crack happened or any anti-social elements make a sabotage in the track? Such disasters are being avoided only due to the effort of poor railway men who are leading Despicable life. In the darkness of midnight, despite storm and heavy rain, with a lamp in hand, they are walking through the track by examining both the rails. The life of railway passengers is being protected by them but not by the officers traveling by receiving heavy salary and bribes and without touching the earth, in a full compartment converted as saloon with all modern arrangements."

03-08-2011 11:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Administrator Offline
Administrator

RE: Some words by a writer

03-08-2011 10:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)