Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discrepancy in pay scale of Engineering Graduates
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Discrepancy in pay scale of Engineering Graduates
The following representation has been received by GS, IRTSA, which is addressed to the President of India, and is being reproduced in the Forum, without any changes:

To,
The President
Republic of India,
New Delhi.

Sub: - Discrepancy in pay scale of Engineering Graduates.

Her Excellency,

This is to kindly draw your attention towards a severe issue of discrimination in pay scale of direct recruited engineers in Indian Railway as Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant-I (5500-9000) pre-revised, which has been kept in pay band-2 with grade pay 4200 in the 6th pay revision. A CMA-I works in C&M organization under Mechanical department of Indian Railway is having a minimum qualification of Degree in Engineering (Metallurgy & Chemical) or Master degree in chemistry. Despite that it has been given parity with the subordinate Engineering cadre for the last two pay revision.

A Section Engineer with similar qualification (B.E. in Mech, Civil, and Elect.) and a Depot Material Superintendent (B.E. in any discipline) were given a pay scale of (6500-10500 pre-revised) and kept in PB-2 with a grade pay of 4600 in the new 6th pay revision.

We were hopeful for correction in anomaly in pay scale in the 6th pay revision but the new pay revision has again put the CMA-I in subordinate engineering cadre equivalent to a Diploma Engineer with a grade pay of 4200. No other organization in central government is having posts of engineering graduates with different pay scales, recruited with same selection board.

A gazette notification regarding central government is issued on behalf of the President of India, but it is very unfortunate that the discrepancy in the pay scale of engineering graduates in metallurgy & chemical in Indian Railways were remained unnoticed in all Pay commission in the past.

I want to know from the President of India that, according to which laws or rules in Indian Constitution or establishment rules in Indian Railway, an Engineering graduates in Metallurgy or Chemical is given a lower pay scales in comparison to an Engineering graduates in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical etc., while both have completed their Engineering Graduation from the same college and recruited in the Indian Railway by the same Railway recruitment board.

Therefore, we hopefully request you to abolish this anomaly and put the CMA-I in similar pay scale and grade pay as given to the other Engineering Graduates in Indian Railways with effective from 1-1-2006.

We are hoping for a necessary and positive action from you.
Please do reply in this regard.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely

(DINESH KUMAR DAS)
CMA-I, Diesel Loco Shed(BG) Raipur/SECR. C.G.492004
Copy to :- (1) Chairman, Railway Board C.G.-492004
(2) Secretary, Railway Board.
(3) General Secretary, NFIR.
(4) General Secretary, AIRF.
(5) General Secretary, IRTSA.

The advice tendered by GS, IRTSA in this behalf is also being posted below, for future reference:

Dear Dinesh,
I appreciate your sentiments and we all feel that a great injustice has been done with the CMA-I by the SCPC. We are taking up the case with the Railway Board and shall continue to pursue it.

However, I feel the following lnes in you representation are not in order as the appeal has been addressed to the President of India for which there are certain rules and norms:

I want to know from the President of India that, according to which laws or rules in Indian Constitution or establishment rules in Indian Railway, ................

This is only an elderly advise. However, the spirit behind it is appreciated.

Let us keep up our efforts.

With best wishes,
Yours truly,

HARCHANDAN SINGH
GS, IRTSA

02-03-2009 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)