Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Memo Revision of stipend to trainees on Railways Dated 17. 02. 2009
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Memo Revision of stipend to trainees on Railways Dated 17. 02. 2009

Attached File(s)
.doc  4-09 Memo on Revised Stipend & Period of Training.doc (Size: 35 KB / Downloads: 465)
02-18-2009 11:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Memo Revision of rates of stipend to trainees on Railways Dated 17. 02. 2009

INDIAN RAILWAYS TECHNICAL SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION
(Estd. 1965, Regd. No.1329, website http://www.irtsa.net )

No. IRTSA/ Memo/RB/4-09 Dated 17. 02. 2009
1. Chairman, Railway Board, Railway Board, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi
2. Member Staff, Railway Board, Railway Board, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi

Dear Sir,

Subject: ANOMALY IN PERIOD OF TRAINING & STIPEND TO APPRENTICES / TRAINEES – UNIFORMITY IN PERIOD OF TRAINING & STIPEND

Ref: RBE No. 198/2008, letter No.PC-V/2008/PS/1 (stipend) Dated 15.12.2008 –
Reg: Revision of rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees on Railways

a) Diploma Holder Trainee Junior Engineers: There is no uniformity in the period of Training and the amount of Stipend paid during training also varies in case of the category of Junior Engineers Gr. II Trainees of different Departments of the Railways even though they are all Diploma Holders. Their initial qualifications are the same as Diploma and the Pay Band (Rs 9300-34800) and Grade Pay (Rs 4200) after the Training are all the same. But the period of Training varies from 1 year to 18 months while the Stipend granted vide Board’ letter cited above also varies between Rs 8560+2800 to Rs 9300+4200. This is anomalous & discriminatory.

It is requested that the Period of Training during Training should be the same as one year and the Stipend during Training should also be the same in all departments (including S & T, P-way, Works, Electrical., Bridge, Workshops, TM / TT, Drawing, Design, Printing Press etc as well as the Draftsmen/ Diploma Holders – Mech, Elect, S & T & Engg) – who have all since been designated as Junior Engineers Gr II.

b) Rate & Date of effect of Revision of Stipend: As per existing rules, the period of Training is treated as “Qualifying Service” for Pensionary benefits and for grant of Increments etc. as the Stipend is paid from Revenue Account of Consolidated Fund India as per Fundamental Rules. As such, it is requested that the Stipend in case of all Diploma Holder Trainees should be the same as Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Junior Engineers in case of all Departments indiscriminately – not only in case of just a few of them.

c) Stipend & Traing period of Intermediate Trainee Junior Engineers: It is requested that the traing period of Intermediate Trainee Junior Engineers selected through LDCE from serving Technicians should also be uniformly reduced for all departments to one year and their Stipend during training should also be uniformally the same for all departments and should equal to Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Junior Engineers in case of all Departments indiscriminately – not only in case of just a few of them.

Yours’ faithfully,

Harchandan Singh,
General Secretary, IRTSA

Copy for information & necessary action to:
i) Secretary (Establishment), Railway Board, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi
ii) Executive Director Pay Commission, Railway Board, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi

Attached File(s)
.doc  Memorandum on Revised Stipend.doc (Size: 36.5 KB / Downloads: 455)
02-23-2009 11:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
narayanan Offline

RE: Revision of rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees on Railways
It is so discouraging to see that anomaly regarding the stipend of Apprentice Section Engineer(Drg) was not included in the memorandum.
02-24-2009 10:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bharath arun
Unregistered

RE: Revision of rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees on Railways
I joined as a junior engineer drawing from april 1st 2008 .. as this new rates were applicable from sep 2008 so four months loss to me.. and the stipend rate also lesser than other cadre and training period more.. after i joined finishing my training period they fixed me 9300 + 4200.. i dont know whether any increament i ll get after completing training period.. please if any railway board letter available kindly clarify my doubt ..
03-20-2010 10:25 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Administrator Offline
Administrator

RE: Memo Revision of stipend to trainees on Railways Dated 17. 02. 2009
1. The Board's order required by Er. Barath Arun is attached.

2. After going through the Board's order one can understand the sprit between the memo submitted by IRTSA on 17.2.2009. It demands uniform training period of one year to all Diploma holders who will be absorbed as JE in various departments. One year training period will also solve the problem of lower grade pay (Rs.2800) and every one can get the pay of Rs.9300+Rs.4200 in the training period also.

3. Er.Narayanan's point will also be represented to Board, there is no need for the the discouragement.
Please actively participate in all the activities of IRTSA

K.V.Ramesh
Zonal Secretary/ICF unit & ACT / CEC-IRTSA

The requisite orders in this behalf can be downloaded from the following Link: Railway Board's orders No.198 of 2008

Attached File(s)
.pdf  App_JE_Revised_stipend_15-December-2008.pdf (Size: 84.79 KB / Downloads: 555)
03-21-2010 10:18 PM
Administrator Offline
Administrator

1. In continuation of my yesterday's reply regarding Stipend during the Training period, the Corrigendum of Railway Board on Grade Pay to the Section Engineer (Drawing), allotting them the Grade Pay of Rs.4600 on par with other Engg. Graduate trainees has been issued.

2. The issue of uniform training period and stipend was raised before the Member staff during the Black Vest Dharana organised by IRTSA during the month of August 2009 at New Delhi.

3. Corrigendum letter of Board is attached.

K.V.Ramesh

Zonal Secretary/ICF & ACT/CEC-IRTSA

.pdf  Corrigendum_to_RBE_198-2008_Stipend_to_Graduate_Apprentices.pdf (Size: 40.46 KB / Downloads: 472)
.doc  Corrigendum for RBE No198-2008, Stipend to Graduate app.doc (Size: 25 KB / Downloads: 411)
03-23-2010 02:56 PM
munna rajak
Unregistered

mamta didi kindly see the difference in training period and stipend for junior Engineers and also first class pass facility as early.
11-25-2010 12:59 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)