Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my designation SE or SSE ?
Webmaster Offline

Is my designation SE or SSE ?
The following matter has been posted by Er. Sundar on the "Guest Book". Since it is of much importance for the entire Railway Enigneers community, rather the whole CG employees, it is being shifted to the Discussion Forum under this Category, so that we may be able to elicit comments from other similarly circumstanced officers and also hold a discussion on the issue so as to find a viable solution to the problem:

Date: 2/22/2009, 10:42 pm
Name: sundar
Number: 56

Dear brother engineers,
I have been promoted as Sr. Sec. Engr. as on 5.9.07. During initial fixation of VI cpc I was awarded one increment from that date. Now after accounts vetting, that increment is withdrawn and the excess amount received by me will be cut in II instalment arrears.This is due to upgradation of SE as SSE as on 1.1.06. I do accept it no other go. My question is whether my designation is SSE or SE? as on date. Recently I have been instructed to look after the incharge SSE post even though FIVE more senior SSE are working in my shop. Loosing more than Rs 1100/ per month I have been compelled to takeover as the full incharge.
REPLY BY GS, IRTSA
The whole issue is under consideration and may soon be decided, regarding the revised Designations after the Sixth CPC.
AS for you being made the inchrge, I feel, the practice in most workshops is that the senior most SSE is to work as the incharge of the Shop. - HS
02-22-2009 11:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BIRESH MULLICK
Unregistered

RE: Is my designation SE or SSE ?
AFTER STUDYING the merger issue of je . se & sse, i found out that there is no JE post exist, because JE-I, JE-II both are upgraded to SE post of 6500/- scale, so JE I & II are to be named as SE and SE will be SSE !!! is not right enough !! Rail also told somewhere that SE & SSE are the supervisor level and other juniors are not supervisors !!
So , untill Rail not given any NEW DESIGNATION NAME, this clarification is justified to tell that there are no JE at all and All JE are SE. Thanks, Biresh Mullick, SE or SSE / CLW

REPLY BY GS, IRTSA
The whole issue is under consideration and may soon be decided, regarding the revised Designations after the Sixth CPC.
Statement in your last para is hypothetically correct and we are also demanding the same, but the final decision of Railway Board, shall have to be awaited. - HS
02-27-2009 01:04 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Administrator Offline
Administrator

(04-09-2009 10:55 PM)sivasami Wrote:  I am one of those unlucky SSEs who got promotion after 1-1-06 from SE to SSE. Since the posts are merged in VI PC no promotional benefit was given. I have opted for fixation of my pay in VI PC scales from the date of my promotion ie 31-3-2006. But my pay has not been fixed from that date, but from 1-1-06 as fixed normally for others. My WPO is telling that I am not elligible to exercise that option since the two posts are merged from 1-1-06. Please tell me who is right.

RELY BY GS, IRTSA
Since he is opting for Sixth CPC from a date later than 1.1.06 (ie from the date of his promotion - which is permited in the Rules), for him the Revised Pay Rules, and as such merger of 2 scales, shall be effective from the date of his option ie 31.3.2006. - HS
04-10-2009 08:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Administrator Offline
Administrator

(02-27-2009 01:04 AM)BIRESH MULLICK Wrote:  AFTER STUDYING the merger issue of je . se & sse, i found out that there is no JE post exist, because JE-I, JE-II both are upgraded to SE post of 6500/- scale, so JE I & II are to be named as SE and SE will be SSE !!! is not right enough !! Rail also told somewhere that SE & SSE are the supervisor level and other juniors are not supervisors !!
So , untill Rail not given any NEW DESIGNATION NAME, this clarification is justified to tell that there are no JE at all and All JE are SE. Thanks, Biresh Mullick, SE or SSE / CLW

REPLY BY GS, IRTSA
Statement in your last para is hypothetically correct and we are also demanding the same, but the final decision of Railway Board, shall have to be awaited. - HS
04-10-2009 08:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)