Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Redesignation of CMT staff on par with Technical Supervisors
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Redesignation of CMT staff on par with Technical Supervisors
The following misive has been received by GS, IRTSA, and is being posted for eliciting further comments and debate before proceeding in the matter:

Subject: Redesignation of CMT staff on par with Technical supervisors
To: airfindia@yahoo.co.in
Cc: "SHANMUGAM CP IRTSA" , gsirtsa@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, April 16, 2009, 9:35 PM

I am R.Vijayakumar CMS-I / ICF and All India President / IRCMSA wish to bring the following facts for your kind consideration in order to redesignate the CMT staff on par with the Technical Supervisors:-

1. In the CMT Department 66 2/3 % of Engineering Graduates / Post Graduates staff are being recruited for more than TWO DECADES in the Lower grade scale of Rs 5500-9000/-as CMA-I.

2. Because of wrong perception as SCIENTIFIC STAFF, the benefits given to Technical Supervisors are not given to CMT staff. Ex: 80% of Group-B Posts upgradation to scale of Rs 8000-13000/-.

3. Even though the CMT staff are carrying out Technical works as per many Indian / International Standards, the Railway Board declared CMT department as UNORGANIZED SECTOR is highly condemnable. Due to this the benefits given to Mechanical Supervisors are not extended to us.

Hence it is requested that CMA (Grade pay of Rs 4200/-) should be redesignated as JUNIOR ENGINEER ( C& M) and CMS (in the Grade pay of Rs 4600/-) should be redesignated as SENIOR SECTION ENGINEER (C&M).

Sir, keeping in view of our meagre strength, and non availability of any avenue of promotions this redesignation may please be recommended by AIRF please.

R.VIJAYAKUMAR CMS-I /ICF
04-17-2009 11:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)