Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Open Debate on the demand for Group 'B' to Technical Supervisors.
Administrator Offline
Administrator

RE: Open Debate on the demand for Group 'B' to Technical Supervisors.
(05-22-2009 12:11 AM)shajantv Wrote:  I could not find out anything to get excited in this re-classification order. The DOPT has classified the officers as Group A, Supervisors as Group B and artizans as Group C. No where in the order it has mentioned that Group B is Gazetted.

Reply by GS, IRTSA

DOP never decides about "Gazetted" & "Non-Gazetted" posts. This is done by the Department concerned.
It was confirmed by DOP in response to a query raised under RTI Act by GS, IRTSA.
DOP only decides about classification of posts and it has done it. Now how it is to be implemented on the Railways.

HS, GS, IRTSA
05-22-2009 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Administrator Offline
Administrator

BISHNUKANT PRASAD <bkprasad_clw@rediffmail.com>

Ministry of Railways has always deprived technical supervisors by not granting group B status to them. It is very unfortunate to note that different ministries adopt different standards in this regard. It is there fore necessory to follow uniform policy and policy decision made by DOPT should be implemented uniformly in all departments including Railways so that natural justice may be done to all.
05-24-2009 11:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Date: Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: LDCE for CMT cadre
To: HARCHANDAN SINGH

Dear GS,

The subject was already discussed in March 09. I had sought the views of my Sr. Colleague and Org. Secy/CEC, Mr.S.L.Ravi Sharma, which is being reproduced below:

C&M staff for 25% LDCE posts in Group B alone can not be included in Mech. Dept. Only after total merger in Mech Dept., C&M staff can think of LDCE in Mech. Dept. The main drawback by the above merger(when all ACMT posts will be included alongwith other Group B posts in Mech. Dept.), is that there are huge no. of seniors (by virtue of quick promotions) in Mech. Dept. waiting for Group B posts and C&M staff may not become eligible to appear in 1:4 ratio. Also, there is vast difference in syllabus of other Group B posts in Mech. Dept. and C&M staff do not have expertise in Designs, Drawings, Production etc. In otherwords, C&M staff may lose the chances of becoming ACMT as well as other Group B posts in Mech. Dept. after merger.

As the nature of work in C&M Orgn. is totally different, it is appropriate to maintain separate identity and seek promotion only in their own Orgn. A deep thought in this matter is essential and not an emotional one.

Regards,

Syed Azmatullah
06-13-2009 05:09 PM
praneeth
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

We were successful in getting GP 4600 to Engineering Graduates similar to the entry cadre in Ordnance Factories. But now if we see thread bare, the following anomilies are to be set right.

Presently JE & SE are selection cadres in Rlys. Organised Unions are pressing for JE to be selection cadre and SE to be a promotional cadre. (Please remember there is no cadre called SSE at present). Hence where would a candidate with graduation in Enginnering enter the Rlys? Whether he need to write competitive exam to get further promotions? For the information of all, in Ordnace Factories a person in GP 4600 would get promoted to GP 5400 without any competitive exam. Why in Rlys it can't be implemented?

Praneeth, Dsl Shed, Erode
(05-09-2009 10:23 AM)Hira Singh Wrote:  
(05-04-2009 08:30 PM)Administrator Wrote:  Dear Brother Engineers,

Open Debate on the demand for Group 'B' (Gazetted) status to Technical Supervisors on Railways.

IRTSA has fought so hard over the years for getting Group B for the Technical Supervisors - and the struggle still goes on. In the light of the developments after Sixth Pay Commission and issue of the orders dated 9.4.2009 by DOP, on classification of posts under the Union of India, the entire issue is again under reconsideration by the Railways. IRTSA is seeking implementaion of the orders of DOP.

Meanwhile, some brother Engineers have started a debate on the issue. Copy of a letter from Er D.K. Das. (CMA-I/DLS/R/SECR), is sent herewith for your comments & opinion on the points raised by him as well as any other point which you may like to add regarding Classification of posts in Group B., as in the light of the issues raised by ER Dinesh & others, it is high time we have an open debate on the issue.
This copy of this letter is being placed on the IRTSA website "irtsa.net" for starting a debate on the issue and gathering comments of Engineers at large, on the same. I shall reserve my comments for the end to facilitate an open debate on the subject results of which will be reviewed by the CEC IRTSA in its next meeting.

So please post your comments here or send them to me early by email at my ID: gsirtsa@yahoo.com.

Yours fraternally,
Harchandan Singh,
GS, IRTSA

Dear Sir,
Gruop 'B' status must be get to all tecnical supervisors i.e JE,SE &SSE. It is our demad which is pending from long time.For getting this we should unite at one platform forgetting all .Without one strong organisation we can not get nothing.

Hira Singh/Divl.Secy/ECREA/MGS
06-14-2009 03:46 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Administrator Offline
Administrator

An other response:

Dear friend,

I endorse your demand. Please campaign for the cause.
The senior supervisors in IR are shouldering huge responsibility and
executing more technical jobs compared to other government employees
but left unrecognized. Neither IR nor recognised unions support us, unfortunately. I think only a united movement of the IR
technical supervisors (I prefer to call them Engineers) is the need of the hour.

Yours sincerely,

T.J.Jose,
SSE/ELS/Lallaguda.

06-16-2009 10:25 PM
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Some additional comments:

Dear brother Engineers,

My previous opinion regarding classification of Group B did not consider the Modified ACP, as it was not published then; neither the recommendations of SCPC in this regard was as beneficial to our cadre as the MACP. In view of the present situation when MACP as well as the DOPT orders for group B classification has been published, I would like to modify my opinion as follows:

"The technical supervisors have been constantly deprived by the previous Pay Commissions as well as the SCPC by not considering their higher recruitment qualifications, specialized training in fast changing technologies, nature of duties and responsibilities which insures the efficacies of large technical workforce for safe working of Railways. Further, considering the grade pay granted to the teachers, Paramedical ( Nursing ) cadres and the Accounts Staff and to take full advantage of MACP, I opine that the Whole category of Technical Supervisors should be classified as Group B and the senior supervisors (Section Engineers & Senior Section Engineers) be granted group B Gazetted status. It is also opined that we should stand by the present two tier structure of technical supervisor’s category which ultimately give the benefits of MACP. To fight the injustice in terms of grade pay met to the technical supervisors we should continue our struggle till the Junior Engineers granted the Grade Pay of Rs 4800 and the Section Engineers & Senior Section Engineers are granted the Grade Pay of Rs 5400."

Thanking you and with all best wishes.

Long Live IRTSA

Yours
Bishnu Kant Prasad

06-17-2009 10:22 PM
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Our learned colleague Er. P.C. Bihari, opines as follows:

Dear All,

At the outset we must congratulate IRTSA in getting MACP fructified and at least a bit solace offered to senior supervisors who were decaying after prolong service and trapped in long tunnel of hopelessness, dismay and poor self esteem. The services provided by http://www.irtsa.net was astounding and kept us all abreast of happening around. We are grateful to our webmaster S.Navtej Singh who has been making wonderful contribution in our long drawn struggle under the leadership of our GS and President.

Still I hold a view that there are 5 MOTIVATION ELEMENTS the extrinsic motivation being P1-PAY, P-2 PROMOTION AND P-3 PERKS AND intrinsic motivation being P4- PRIDE and P-5 PRESTIGE. The 6th CPC has not addressed our P4 and P5. Nurses, teachers, Baboos and Accounts people have been recognized while we the technical personnel's left in hay and in state of affront.

IRTSA has the history of waging war against injustice, coercion and discrimination since its inception and still it is on. We all have to synergies our efforts with a well dotted road map to get what we deserve. All we need perhaps is UNITY and more missionary zeal that constantly emanate from our GS and President.

Best to all and LONG LIVE IRTSA

PC Bihari

06-17-2009 10:24 PM
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 11:48 AM

DEAR SYED AZMATULLAH

Your opinions are in line with the demands of IRTSA. Let us unite and struggle till we succeed.
Regards,

M.M.SHAIKH SSE S&T W/S BYCULLA MUMBAI
06-19-2009 06:09 AM
jaleelethiyil Offline

Reply to post no. 8.
It is not clear wheather Er. Shaikh meant "SSE" for the merged cadre or premerged cadre.Any way merging is necessary as a JE even after 3 promotion remain in class C is meaningless.
02-13-2010 11:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
santhrekha Offline

Dear colleagues.
Leave alone financial gains, let us not allow anybody to play with our self esteem.

Let us try for our legitimate demand for pride in government services, which colleagues in our other similar government departments are enjoying from day one of their service,

WE, THE DIRECT RECRUIT GRADUATE ENGINEERS JOINED INDIAN RAILWAYS AS SECTION ENGINEERS, MANY PROMOTED AS SENIOR SECTION ENGINEERS AFTER PUTTING IN SERVICE FOR MORE THAN A DECADE NOW HUMILIATED THROUGH MERGER OF SEs AND SSEs AS ONE CLASS, THUS NOT GETTING EVEN A SINGLE PROMOTION AFTER DECADES OF SERVICE MUST BE GIVEN AT LEAST GROUP-B GAZETTED STATUS.

R.V SANTHOSH, SSE/ICF
working since 1994 as SSE (as per post merger designation of SEs and SSEs) and may retire as SSE in year 2030 if the present scenario continues.
This fate is applicable not only for me but for all DR quota GEs of Indian Railways.
03-06-2011 10:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)