Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grant of Grade Pay of Rs.5400 to CMS I & II
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Grant of Grade Pay of Rs.5400 to CMS I & II

INDIAN RAILWAYS TECHNICAL SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION
(Estd. 1965, Regd. No.1329, Website http://www.irtsa.net )

No. IRTSA/ Memo/FM/ 02-2010(GP-CMT) Dated: 30 .01.2010

The Secretary
Deptt. of Expenditure,
Ministry of Finance,
North Block, New Delhi.

Madam,
Subject: a) Grant of Grade Pay of Rs.5400 to CMS I & II (in pre-revised scale of Rs.6500-10500 & Rs.7450-11500)
b) Grant of Grade Pay of Rs.5400 to CMA I (in pre-revised scale of Rs 5500-9000) in terms of Para 3.4.7 of SCPC Report
c) Grant of Grade Pay of Rs.4800 to CMA II ( pre-revised scale of Rs.5000-8000)

Reference: i) Gazette notification No.470, Ministry of Finance G.S.R.622(E) dated 29-8- 2008
ii) Railway Service (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 (RBE 103, RBE 108, RBE 124)

1. Chemical and Metallurgical Supervisors are Engineers who ensure effective quality control and safety on Railways. Railway Board Management Services has considered C&M Organisation as the back bone of entire Quality Control and preventive maintenance exercise of all Engineering departments.

2. Duties & responsibilities of CMAs & CMSs: To ensure the effective quality control and safe running of trains following important functions are performed by CMAs & CMS working in the Chemical and Metallurgical Labs on the Railways:

i) Testing and certifying of all raw materials and vital safety items and assess suitability of metallic and non-metallic items like Wheels, Axles, Springs, Bogie frames and controlling production-processes in the manufacture of Rolling stocks / Coaches, thereby assuring usage of standard materials and ensuring safety of travelling public.

ii) Formulate and carryout destructive & non-destructive techniques and testing to all the components which are critical for safety.

iii) Conduct metallurgical surveillance as well as strength improvement in parts which are unable to withstand normal service conditions.

iv) Suggest remedial methods/process to avoid further failure of components.

v) Assess the quality of welder and welding and suggest the suitable improved welding techniques.

vi) Check the quality of paints.

vii) Assess the quality of fuel and lubricants to ensure smooth and safe running of rolling stocks and Locos.

viii) Measuring, monitoring and improving the environment around work premises to comply with the standards of Environment Management system (ISO-14001/2004) and Occupational Health & Safety Assessment service (OHASA - BS-18001/2007).

3. ANOMALY CREATED BY SIXTH PAY COMMISSION:

a). Chemical & Metallurgical Supervisors have higher recruitment qualifications of BSc for CMA-II and Degree in Engineering (Chemical/Metallurgy) / MSc(Chemistry/Applied Chemistry) for CMA-I. They have higher induction training than almost all the non-technical categories, but Sixth Pay Commission has equated them with or allotted them even lower grade pay than some of the non- technical categories who were earlier at par with them or in lower pay scales than them – ignoring not only the qualification, training and experience required for their job but also ignoring the duties, responsibilities and over all job requirement of C&M supervisors.

b) Para 3.4.7 of SPC Report mentions that “all posts in Subordinate Engineering cadres carrying minimum qualifications of a degree in engineering and having an element of direct recruitment should be placed in the running Pay Band PB-2 of Rs 8700-34800 along with the grade pay of Rs.4600 corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale of Rs.7450-11500.” This clause has also been overlooked by Railways CMA-I who are placed in PB-2, Grade Pay of Rs 4200 instead of Grade Pay 4600.

c) SPC has recommended for scientific staff through Para 3.5.7 “The Fifth CPC had recommended parity between posts of scientific staff carrying minimum qualifications of engineering degree and a postgraduate degree with the scale of Rs.6500-10500 being recommended for these posts. This relativity, wherever already conceded, may need to be continued in light of the fact that this Commission has recommended placement of all posts carrying minimum direct recruitment qualifications of a degree in engineering in pay band PB-2 of Rs 8700-34800 along with grade pay of Rs.4600 corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale of Rs 7450-11500”. This clause has also been overlooked by Railways for CMA-I who are placed in PB 2 Grade Pay of Rs 4200 instead of Rs 4600.

d) SPC has thus disturbed not only the horizontal parity but also the vertical relativity.

4. It is therefore requested that:

i) CMS-I & CMS-II (in the pre-revised scale of Rs 7450-11500 & Rs 6500-10500) be given grade pay Rs.5400/- in PB-2 – (keeping in view their higher nature of Duties & Responsibilities – mentioned in the fore going paras).

ii) CMA-I (in the pre-revised Scale of Rs 5500-9000) be upgraded as CMS in Grade pay of Rs.5400/- in PB-2 (keeping in view the principle adopted by the Sixth Pay commission vide Para 3.4.7 of their Report – cited above).

iii) In future, the qualification for direct recruitment of CMS be prescribed as Degree in Engineering (Chemical/Metallurgy) or MSc(Chemistry/Applied Chemistry) in line with Technical Supervisors and as per the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission vide Para 3.4.7 & 3.5.7 - cited above.

iv) CMA-II (in the pre-revised Scale of Rs 5000-8000) be given Grade pay of Rs 4800 in PB-2 (keeping in view their nature of Duties & Responsibilities – mentioned in the foregoing paras).

Yours faithfully,

(Harchandan Singh),
General Secretary, IRTSA

Copy for information & favourable consideraion to:

1. Member Staff, Railway Board, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi
2. Advisor Staff, Railway Board, New Delhi
3. Advisor Industrial Relations, Railway Board, New Delhi.
4. Secretary (Establishment), Railway Board, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi.
5. Executive Director Pay Commission, Railway Board, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi.

Download Complete Document in PDF

Attached File(s)
.doc  Memo_to_Secy_Fin_for_GP_of_CMT_Staff.doc (Size: 181.5 KB / Downloads: 281)
.pdf  Memo_to_Secy_Fin_for_GP_of_CMT_Staff.pdf (Size: 157.76 KB / Downloads: 264)
01-30-2010 09:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Administrator Offline
Administrator

RE: Grant of Grade Pay of Rs.5400 to CMS I & II
Sir

CMT staff is deeply indebted to you for the efforts made by IRTSA to solve the greatest anomaly of sixth pay commission.

best wishes to CMT staff and IRTSA for justice.

thanking you

GAURAV KANAUJIYA
CMS-II/RCF
02-01-2010 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
I S Rao Offline

RE: Grant of Grade Pay of Rs.5400 to CMS I & II
Sir,

It would have been appropriate if in the memorandum para 4(i) contained, CMS-I to be given the scale of PB-3 GP Rs. 5400/- with Gr 'B' gazetted status as there is no LDCE for C&M staff which comes under the category of miscellaneous group.

Even as per IREM this category of C&M staff comes under Mechanical dept as scientific staff, C&M employees are not allowed to apply for LDCE of AME/AWMs.

I request the GS/IRTSA to make a representation on the subject matter either of merging the C&M organization with Mechanical dept, allowing all the career oppertunities such as LDCE for AME/AWMs or asking a separate department as C&M with one principle HOD at zonal level and Member C&M at RB's level.

With best wishes,
I S Rao.
02-05-2010 01:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)