Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3rd ACP under MACP
raj Offline

Question 3rd ACP under MACP
Dear Sirs,

I was appointed as Clerk in 1989 in the pay scale of Rs. 950-1500/- in an Accounts Department of Central Govt. After passing first part of my departmental examination in 1994 I was promoted as Auditor in the scale of Rs. 1200-2040/- w.e.f. Oct. 1994. Further after passing my second and final part of departmental exams I was promoted as Section Officer w.e.f. March 1998 in the scale of Rs. 5500-9000/- (which subsequently merged with scale of AAO in 6th RPR with grade pay of 4800/- ).

Presently I am serving as AAO with grade pay of Rs. 4800/- and treated to in same scale w.e.f. March 1998 (being merger of posts of Section officer and AAO ).

Sir my department refused to give me 3rd ACP in G.P. of Rs. 5400/- (next high in hierarchy) on the ground that there was another post in the department of Senior Auditor in the scale of Rs. 1400-2600/- in between the posts of Auditor and Section Officer. It is pertinent to mention here that I was never promoted as Senior Auditor or given benefit of scale of Senior Auditor . But my higher office thinks that since there was another post of Senior Auditor in between so it is understood that I have taken the benefit of 2nd Promotion as Senior Auditor automatically.

From above it is quite clear that I got only Two promotions ( 1st as Auditor and 2nd as Section officer or say AAO) by virtue of passing departmental examination and I never got any in my Service till date.

In view of foregoing please clarify whether I am entitled for 3rd ACP in the G.P. of Rs. 5400/- or not. If not, under which Govt. order or clarification.
Raj

Request :- If possible, please send your reply at my e-mail ID : raj4lv@yahoo.co.in
02-15-2010 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)