Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Casual rest for extra working hours
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Casual rest for extra working hours

casual rest for extra working hours

A query has been raised by a colleague, on the above subject, through a Private Message posted in these Forums. It is reproduced below:

Sir,
Here I need clarification regarding casual rest for extra working hours
I am giving 2 examples that to which I need some clarification. Both these cases relate to all working in Open line and Power Lighting staff:

1) Sometimes our people are working for 2 or 3 hours more after normal working hours to complete desired work. Then how can I compensate the people and what are the rules I have to follow;

2) Some staff are working for 12 hours every day as Pump Operators and they are getting double weekly rest. Sometimes they are for working 2 or 3 days and taking leave and deputing other people for remaining days then how can I provide rest for the above issues. Suchlike cases are repeating regularly hence I am requesting you to send me proper working rules to solve this type of issues.

Opinion of Er. Sujith Kumar, is reproduced below:

Dear Sir

Both the cases referred are in violation of HOER provisions. Since both the pump operator as well as other staff in power/ train lighting sections come under continuous classification they can be rostered only for a maximum of 54 Hours per week (Standard hours 48 + Preparatory & Complementary work hours 6) and provided rest of 30 consecutive hours per week as per HOER provisions. But these type of working mentioned is happening everywhere to meet local requirements. There is no standard rules available to cater to these situations and need to be managed locally according to the situation.

Sujith Kumar, JGS (CEC) IRTSA

HOER is attached herewith for ready reference along with List of Categories in various Classification under HOER

Attached File(s)
.doc  HOER.doc (Size: 47 KB / Downloads: 321)
.doc  HOER-classification.doc (Size: 25.5 KB / Downloads: 335)
02-17-2010 07:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hari Offline

RE: Casual rest for extra working hours
First of all the staff under your control should be classified according to HOER and their roster is to be prepared which should be approved by Personnel Branch of your division and published. if the above staff are classified as continuous, then their rostered restricted to 48 Hours a week and the statutory limit is 54 Hours (That is you can stretch their working hours upto 54 Hours without their consent). In such cases the extra hours apart from their rostered hours can be compensated either by way of granting them OT or by way of compensatory rest depending upon the situation.

HARI KUMAR.P
SSE/C&W/TVC/SR
Ph:09447418181
E-mail : hari_rly@yahoo.com
05-24-2010 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)