Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Denial of arrears for the period of Training
Administrator Offline
Administrator

Denial of arrears for the period of Training
The following query has been posted in the Guest Book. It is being reproduced on the IRTSA Forums due to its vital importance for some other similarly circumstanced brethren:

Sir,
I am working in KGPW/SER, DPOH shop, Joined through RRB/Kol as Trainee section Engr in Apr 2006 with full scale of pay i.e (BP+DP+DA) in the pre revised scale S-12 6500-200-10500 (RP’97).
i) I have been posted as SE (D) on 08.04.07 at DPOH shop after institutional training. Now consequent upon the implementation of 6CPC & RS(RP)’08 no arrears for the period of training been paid.
My personnel branch is not paying the arrears accrued during the period of training from Apr'06 to Apr'07(one Year), stating that in our case old pay rule RP'97 (RBE 115/98) will be applicable
Rule no 8 of RSRP clearly stated that section-II, Part “A” of First Schedule, will be applied to them who joined as direct recruits on or after 01.01.2006 to till the date of the notification...
Over& above Rly Bd has issued the clarification regarding applicability of Minimum pay/Stepping up of Pay vide RBE-28/10 dated 17.02.2010. Where under para-3 clarified that, the pay of those servant joined as direct recruits on or after 01.01.2006 is to be fixed as per section-II Part “A” of First Schedule. This is the specific recommendation of 6th CPC & accepted by the government. Still there is no action taken to resolve
ii ) On this aspect a number of correspondence was made to WPO but no action taken to redress the grievances & justice denied,

a) Method of pay fixation followed in my case from Rs (6500+DA+DP) to 17140+3% increment on completion of one year training.( neither FR nor RSRP is followed)
b) Is it possible that Two pay rule(5th CPC & 6th CPC) can remain effective concurrently, where ever consistent rule has been provided in RSRP’08 ?
c) Applicability of Rule no 8 &15 of RSRP’08.
Rule no 8 clearly stated that emolument on the “Date of Joining” i.e BP+DP+DA. Inconsistency will arise as in line (a) whenever ‘Date of joining’ term is not taken into account.
More over RBE 198/08 Dtd 15.12.08 stated that “APPRENTICES WILL DRAW STIPEND W.E.F .01.09.08” at para no 4, this is for the future trainees not meant for the person already absorbed in Rly Regular post. Simply applying this RBE to those already absorbed in the post is not the spirit of the Rly Bd’s order.
I don’t understand why not my personnel Branch is so reluctant to go through the order properly & interpret in totality of the rule. This is clearly understandable that Stipend order is mere extension of Rule no 8 of RSRP.

d) Whether the period of training for one year treated on duty OR null & void, after absorption? if it is counted for all purposes, then dues accrued during the period training is suppose to be paid.

e) Denying the arrears for the period of training, Citing RBE 198/2008

06-08-2010 07:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)